Grab your favourite blanket and picnic basket and head out to your nearest beach.
Summer’s here, so what are you waiting for?
Long summer days call for alfresco dining, cocktails on the beach and surfing until sunset. Ever determined not to let summer pass us by, we love taking all activities outside and embracing the summertime. So, drink healthy cocktails on the beach, picnic as the sun goes down and make memories that you’ll cherish. Here’s to a wonderful summer filled with good vibes.
Berry Blast Cocktail
Here’s how to make a healthy berry smoothie with a twist of rum for extra va-va-voom! For the best results pre-blend your smoothie at home, in preparation for your cocktail. Frozen berries will help keep it cool, and as long as the smoothies are wrapped in an ice pack it should remain nice and chilled.
50ml Aluna Coconut Rum
Dash of Carob Fruit Syrup
25ml coconut water
Squeeze of fresh lime to serve
Frozen berries – raspberries, strawberries and blackberries
Simply combine all the ingredients together, shake and serve. If your smoothie is a little thicker than you like it, just add more coconut water to the mix. This berry-based cocktail is a light and refreshing beverage to enjoy on a lazy sunny afternoon when you have nothing to do but sit back and watch the waves roll in.
Aluna Mojito Cocktail
A refreshing, summer-inspired cocktail to enjoy on the beach. With a wonderful coconut twist and less calories than a traditional mojito, the Aluna Mojito is easy to make and only has 98 calories and 5 grams of sugar.
30ml Aluna Coconut Rum
2 tsp Carob syrup
8-12 Mint leaves
1. Slice your lime into four segments and place in the bottom of a highball glass. Add your Carob syrup and use a muddler, bar spoon or rolling pin to squash the ingredients together and release the lime juice.
2. Clap the mint to bruise it and release the fresh aroma, and rub around the rim of the glass then drop into the glass.
3. Use a muddler again and mix together. Pour in your Aluna Coconut Rum. Leave for a minute whilst you crush half the ice.
4. Half fill the glass with crushed ice and top with soda water.
5. Garnish with a spring of fresh mint.
6. Enjoy a taste of summer!
Photos Lizzie Churchill