Waves and Workouts Is Almost Here!
SurfGirl’s Waves and Workouts weekend is only a few weeks away now and we couldn’t be more excited! With more things being added to the programme, here’s an update. So see you on 3-5th July 2015 for a weekend of fun, confidence building, fitness and surfing. You’ll meet like-minded girls and have the time of your life!
• Learn how to surf or improve your skills under the wing of Kingsurf’s expert tuition – for all levels of surf ability.
• Enjoy talks and coaching tips from O’Neill team rider and pro surfer Celine Gehret and SurfGirl Assistant Ed Abbi Hughes.
• Keep fit, learn about nutrition and take home some great ideas for new workouts.
• Get a free pair of Sanuk Yoga Mat Flip Flops and O’Neill goodies in a well-stuffed goody bag.
• Energise with sunrise yoga with Sarah Grant, and prepare for your surf.
• Hangout at the O’Neill bus for talks, workshops, and demos.
• Watch Indo Board demos and use all the new Indo Boards – great fun!
• A massage workshop with Neon Sports Massage and the opportunity to book a much needed apres-surf massage.
You will be camping in the beautiful Mawgan Porth valley field at Retorrick Mill, surrounded by an orchard and farm animals. There’ll be fresh, healthy food (give or take the odd lunchtime pasty) and Scott and Babs’ new ‘Wood-Fired Food’ restaurant to try out at Retorrick – it’s rural bliss with plenty of cool stuff going on in the evening.
It’s not all about surfing, on Saturday afternoon we’re havinga bit of girlie fun with Island Feather festival hair extensions and testing out Beach Toes nail varnish.
“The guys at Kingsurf have been teaching surfing for 10 years now and guarantee to take you to the next level of your surfing!” Pete Abell, from Kingsurf.
“Last year’s W&W was really fun; we had a great bunch of girls joining the camp, nice weather and fun waves for learning. It also was great chilling out together at the O’Neill bus between surfs and we had a great night at the campsite with some good tunes!” Celine Gehret