Sofa to Surf: Healthy Muffins
Perfect for busy surf girls on the go, here’s a healthy alternative to Blueberry Muffins which won’t make you feel guilty!
Recipe by Squirrel Sisters
Here at SurfGirl we’re big fans of a healthy alternative to our favourite naughty treats and after all the indulging we’ve been doing recently we thought it’s time to knuckle down and get some healthy treats in our bodies which won’t leave us feeling guilty or sluggish. We caught up with our favourite food bloggers Squirrel Sisters to share their yummy healthy recipes, check out this delicious Blueberry Muffin recipe which can be enjoyed as a snack with a herbal tea or a great alternative for a breakfast on the go.
- 160g blueberries
- 90g ground almonds
- 40g Plain gluten-free flour (I used: but you can also use rice flour or buckwheat)
- 5x Tbsp Almond milk
- 4x Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1x Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1x Tsp Lucuma powder (this is optional but it does add to the flavour so if you can then definitely add it).
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ Tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Muffin Cases
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C
2) In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients (except the blueberries) and mix until everything has combined.
3) Add the blueberries and gently fold them in (so they don’t break)
4) Spoon the mix evenly into the muffin cases and pop them into the oven for around 25-30 mins until the blueberries start to bubble and the top turns golden brown.
5) Once ready leave them to cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled enjoy!
For more nutritional information and recipes for getting fit for surfing check out The Surf Girl Guide to Surf Fitness