One day Surf and Travel Photography Workshops in Newquay, with professional surf photographer Lucia Griggi.
Ever dream of seeing your photography in the pages of one of the world’s top surf magazines? Or reading your own article in an award winning travel publication?
Well… of course you have! Get started on your dream by receiving hands-on photography instruction in surf action and travel lifestyle techniques by Lucia, who has been published in dozens of magazines and books world-wide.
Get answers to questions like:
- How do I go about submitting photos to magazines?
- How do I know which magazines to submit to and should I submit to multiple titles?
- How much do I charge?
- If you are an aspiring photographer with a passion for documenting surf, travel and action sports, then this is the course for you.
In this course you will:
- Benefit from Lucia’s professional technical guidance.
- Focus on surf photography both in and out of the water.*
- Understand how to edit, image enhance, manage files and present work to your clients.
- Learn about file formats, digital standards, rating your images, tweaking your files for beauty and portraiture, sharpening, custom presets, Photoshop, ftp file transmission, web galleries, retouching for digital, the business of digital.
- Gain insider tips on selling your work and obtaining commissions.
- Develop your own portfolio.
- Your investment in equipment, which lenses and camera bodies to buy that are specific to the surf industry.
- Rates for the surf industry
- Developing story ideas and interviewing
Requirements for the course involve 8 images (jpg) of recent work that must be submitted for review upon application before April 1st. On the day of the course these images must be brought along. Processed imagery is fine but bring the unedited version along too. We are reviewing applicant work to help you understand your own photos and how to enhance them for publishing quality.
Students must bring their own DSLR camera, a laptop with photo software installed, storage media and other equipment (cord, thumb drive, card reader, etc.) for transferring images from camera to computer.
“When you are shooting in the ocean, your open water knowledge is as essential as your photographic skills,” says Lucia. “You quickly realise how insignificant you are with that amount of water moving around you, and the biggest breakthrough comes when you learn to become part of the ocean and work with it, rather than against it.
“I have been lucky enough to shoot in some of the most testing waves in the world, and to be taught by some of the most experienced watermen.”
“Running these courses with FOX is my opportunity to pass on this experience and show my students how to be safe in the water, to understand how a wave breaks in different environments both above and below the water, and of course how to be in the right place at the right time for that perfect shot!”
Overall, these courses are designed for students that can expect to learn what they need to really take their photography to the next level. They are for beginner and intermediate levels.
For more information about the program and instructions on how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org Send applications along with imagery via email – closing date is April 1st.
Next Course Dates:
* Students not required to have their own water-housing.
See more of Lucia’s work here: www.luciagriggi.com